Chia Seeds - Organic - 450grams & 950grams
Temporarily Sold Out! Sign up to IN STOCK REMINDERS ( Tab on the RHS of this page) to make sure you dont miss out when it comes back in stock.
What are Chia Seeds?
Chia Seeds are a food that has quite a history coming all the way from the pre-Colombian Aztec times; chia is a plant that is technically a member of the herb family of mint. The little seeds were used by Aztec messengers to give them strength and nourishment so they could complete their long journeys.
What are the benefits of Chia Seeds?
Oh there are many! Read on below to see
- High in Omega-3 naturally occurring and the highest plant source available (omega-3 fatty acids are good for a healthy complexion, if youre like me and vain enough to try it solely for that purpose)
- Contains essential minerals phosphorous, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc, iron
- Contains vitamins A, B12 and C
- A source of dietary fibre and protein
- Are flavourless so wont interfere with whatever you choose to add them with
- Are gluten-free
- Easily digested
There are two different types of chia seeds black and white but in nutritional value theyre basically the same, the colour being the only notable difference.
Chia Seeds are easy to add to your everyday diet and provide you with a boost of nutrition, you can include them by
- Sprinkle onto cereal, muesli, yogurt, stir into warm porridge
- Sprinkle onto salads
- Add them into smoothies
- Grind them and add to your baking recipes or add them whole. Think cakes, pancakes, muffins, omelettes
- Include them in stir-frys
Many people also create chia gel which is simply chia seeds soaked in water . This is a preferred method because it softens the seeds and makes it easier to add too recipes. It can also be used as an egg re-placer one tablespoon of chia seeds mixed/soaked in 3 tablespoons water for 15 minutes equals to one egg.