Matcha Maiden Matcha Green Tea Powder 70g
Matcha may seem like a fancy buzz word but it's actually more simple than you'd expect- it's just 00% pure green tea leaves stone ground into a fine powder. Matcha has no added sugar or other additives whatsoever. It is certified-Japanese organic and is sourced from the world renowned rolling hills of Kyoto, Japan.
How is it different to regular green tea?
With regular green tea, you brew hot water with tea leaves but then throw them out afterwards.With matcha,you consume the whole tea leaf along with all its green goodness (I know, how have we not been doing that all along?!) On top of that, matcha tea bushes are grown specially under cover which increases the chlorophyll and amino acid levels in the leaves even further.Matcha can have the nutritional value of up to 10 cups of regular green tea and up to 137 x the antioxidants of regular green tea!!!
How do I use it?
Matcha is very concentrated so you only need 1/2 to 1 teaspoon (2g) per serve. While it may seem pricier than regular green tea, so little is needed for such stronger benefits that it works out cost-effectively. Mix N Matcha has been selected through extensive taste-testing to get that perfect matcha flavour with a delicate balance between bitter and barely-there. The beauty of it is you can literally add it to anything and everything.
Why is it good for you?
According to Eisai (the Buddhist monk who studied in China and India and brought Buddhist culture and tea culture to Japan), green tea is a precious medicine for health and long life. That makes matcha a SUPER precious medicine for health and long life.
The potential health benefits of green tea are well known and include:
- increased focus and concentration
- higher energy levels
- enhanced metabolism
- stronger immune system
- clearer skin
- general improved wellbeing
(Also, don't forget the looks of superiority about how much of a health junkie you are choosing green tea over your coffee-drinking friends). We know that sciencey stuff and long-hard-to-pronounce technical words are a bore but they're pretty important for your body. Just like the Mix N Matcha blend - designed to be user friendly - we'll try to make it simple.
- ANTIOXIDANTS: These help boost the immune system and fight cancer-causing free radicals in the body. According to the latest testing method, ORAC, matcha's rating is 1300 units per gram, compared to pomegranates 105 units per gram or blueberries 91 units. 1 g of matcha = 500g raw spinach. 130 times more calcium than normal green tea and 172 times the amount of protein!!!
- THEANINE: Tea is the only plant that makes this amino acid which is what makes you alert without giving you the jitters and is why green tea is a superior source of caffeine to coffee.It stimulates the brain waves while Relaxing the mind - this is why buddhist monks use matcha for meditation. It creates the same energising effect of coffeeåÊwithout the anxiety and shakes coffee can cause.
- CAFFEINE: Yes, green tea does contain caffeine. Caffeine is also known for its potential to increase focus Êandstimulate weight loss. However, 1 gram of matcha contains about 25-30mg of caffeine whereas regular coffee has up to 80-100mg. Further, the caffeine in green tea combines with theanine to create focusing and calming effect on the body rather than the nervousness of too much coffee!
- VITAMINS & MINERALS: The rest is all long sciencey words like chlorophyll and bioflavonoids. To simplify, green tea contains lots of other goodies that help boost the immune system, help you detox and maintain general wellbeing. Matcha has higher levels of oil soluble constituents (e.g.Vitamins A, E and beta carotene) that are otherwise extracted into water when brewed as regular green tea.