BioSnacky - Original Sprouter - Mini Green House
Turn your kitchen into a greenhouse! Discover how quick and easy it is to cultivate your own fresh and crunchy shoots and sprouts using an Original BioSnacky Sprouter and BioSnacky Seeds from organically controlled crops.
Have fun watching the shoots grow in the comfort of your own kitchen. You can harvest them in a matter of days. Sprouts and shoots are the perfect accompaniment to a well-balanced diet at any time of the year and are a great source of vitamins and minerals. What better way to look after your health and at the same time protect the environment and its natural resources!
The modest little bioSnacky seeds quickly grow into fresh shoots and sprouts that provide both food and vitality, as well as tasting delicious. This natural nourishment is in its original unchanged form. BioSnacky shoots and sprouts contain unique concentrations of valuable enzymes, proteins, mineral substances, trace elements and natural vitamins. They also contain excellent fibre materials that are beneficial to the intestines and regulate the digestive process. These seedlings are a welcome addition to a variety of dishes and a delight to the eye, as well as the palate. Use your shoots and sprouts on bread, toss them into crunchy salads. Or fry them gently in olive oil when preparing tasty casseroles, pancakes, omelette or rissoles; add them to soups, dips, muesli, pasta, rice, vegetables, fish and meat dishes.
The greenhouse contains 1 germinator, 3 cultivation trays, 3 drainage siphons, 1 water tray, 1 free sample of bio-snacky seeds. It is very easy-to-use, dishwasher safe, UV and scratch resistant.
Qualities of the bioSnacky Original Sprouter
- For those who want some variety - Great for Alfalfa.
- Easy to use
- Simple to clean
- Scratch and shock-resistant
- Eco-friendly acrylic glass (specially recommended for foodstuffs)
- Contains no cadmium or formaldehyde
- Optimum light exposure and air circulation due to the transparent round seed trays with ventilation slits
- Dishwasher-safe to a temperature of approx, 85C
- The entire unit ensemble measures 20.5cm in diameter and 15 cm in height.
Each seed tray is 4 cm in height.
- Soaking/Rinsing Due to the unique irrigation system developed for the bioSnacky Mini Greenhouse seeds do not require soaking prior to sowing. Rinse lid, seed trays, water tray and desired seeds thoroughly under cold running water.
- Sowing Place the required amount of seeds on each seed tray with a tablespoon Do not exceed the recommended amounts or the growth of you seeds will be affected. When sowing very small seeds (alfalfa, fenugreek) place a piece of damp fleece paper in the seed tray first. Fleece paper is not required for large seeds (mung bean, lentil, wheat). You can either germinate seeds in just one tray or in several trays simultaneously. In order to be able to harvest a fresh crop of shoots every day we recommend staggered sowing of seeds.
- Watering First water - Place the entire unit include the lid under running lukewarm water. Fill the top seed tray with water. As a result of the way the bioSnacky Mini Greenhouse has been designed, each seed tray will automatically be watered one after the other. Any surplus water will be collected in the water tray. Empty the water tray as soon as the water has drained through the Sprouter. This surplus water is ideal for use on indoor plants. As each tray empties check that the seeds are evenly spread in the tray. Subsequent Watering - Each seed type has different watering requirements. Refer to the seed table below for details. The enclosed table can only provide a guide to watering, if necessary these guidelines can be altered to adapt to current situation in your Mini Greenhouse. Please water with great care before the seeds have put out roots. Ensure seeds that have not yet germinated are thoroughly rinsed. (Refer to the seed table below for details).
- Placement Place your closed Mini Greenhouse in a well lit spot not in direct sunlight at room temperature (18-22? C).
- Growing Once seeds have germinated, the bottom of each seed tray needs only to be damp. Seeds should not lie in water. Empty the water tray as soon as the water has drained through the Sprouter. After the seeds have developed a significant filmy coating they need only be sprayed (misted) with fresh water. Depending on the seeds watering requirements the water tray can either be kept empty or half full of fresh water. However this water MUST be changed every day.
- Harvesting Your live shoots and sprouts are ready for harvesting within 2-5 days; herbage plants - like wheatgrass - will be ready in 6-8 days (Refer to the seed table below for details).After harvesting, clean your Mini Greenhouse thoroughly with a mixture of water and vinegar and allow to dry naturally. The entire unit is dishwasher safe - top shelf only (up to 85?C).