Loving Earth Cold Pressed Coconut Oil - 450ml
Temporarily Sold Out! Sign up to IN STOCK REMINDERS ( Tab on the RHS of this page) to make sure you dont miss out when it comes back in stock.
Raw and Organic , Loving Earths Coconut Oil is known for its healthy saturated fats, which are even better for you in its raw form. Our oil is particularly smooth and light with a very mild flavour and aroma - truly special!
Coconut Oil is known for its Lauric acid content, and for its quality, healthy saturated fats. Cholesterol does not naturally occur in the plant kingdom. Unlike saturated animal fats, Coconut Oil is cholesterol free, making it safe for people with cholesterol challenges. Lauric acid promotes immune function through its transformation into monolaurin once ingested.
Our body's cells are comprised primarily of saturated fats. Regular consumption of Coconut Oil promotes cellular health reducing oxidative damage from free radical exposure. Internal cellular protection translates externally to healthier, more hydrated, younger looking skin.
Medium Chain triglycerides (MCT's) are abundantly found in Coconut Oil. Unlike other forms of fat, the liver is able to metabolise MCT's similarly to how it utilises carbohydrates as a fuel source. Coconut Oil's digestibility means that it is quickly absorbed by our bodies, and not left to circulate the blood stream like other fats. The MCT's in coconut oil have also been shown to have thyroid supporting mechanisms. Studies that were conducted on the basal (resting) metabolic rate of people who ate MCT's comparative to those participants who consumed more LCT's (long chain triglycerides i.e. vegetable oils) were found on average to have a 12% increase in their basal metabolic rates.
An incereasing amount of studies are being done on coconut oil; building a picture of a remarkable health-giving food. Some of the properties attributed to coconut oil include:
- Anti-viral: coconut oil has been shown to be antagonistic to a wide range of viruses including those that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitus C, SARS and AIDS.
- Anti-microbial: attacks bacteria that causes ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease, cavities, pneumonia and some STDs.
- Anti-fungal: antagonistic to fungi and yeasts that cause candidasis, ringworm, athelete's foot, thrush and nappy rash.
- Anti-parasitic: attacks such parasites as tapeworm, Giardia and others.
- Nutritional: provides a source of quick energy, boosts energy, endurance and athletic performance. Improves digestion and absorbtion of other nutrients including calcium, magnesium, other minerals, vitamins and amino acids. Improves insulin secretion and blood glucose utilisation. Acts as a protective anti-oxidant. Improves utilisation of essential fatty acids. Reduces the body's need for vitamin E.
- Supports bodily organs and systems: supports thyroid function, immune system, helps prevent liver and kidney disease and bladder infections. Helps dissolve kidney stones. Improves bowel function. Improves cholesterol ratio, reducing risk of heart disease, protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis.
- Helps protect body against: cancers including breast and colon, osteoporosis, periodontal disease, tooth decay and free radicals (which contribute to premature ageing).
- Reduces or relieves symptoms of: pancreatitis, diabetes, gallbladder disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, stomach ulcers, haemorrhoids, epileptic seizures, prostate enlargement, chronic fatigue syndrome, inflammation, malabsorption syndrome, cystic fibrosis and Alzheimer's disease.
- Coconut oil is lower in calories than other fats and does not deplete the body's reserves of antioxidants as some other oils do.
- Weight loss: coconut oil is used by the body as an immediate energy source and is not stored as body fat. Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing thyroid function and metabolic rate. Helps prevent obesity.
- Skin and hair: supports the natural chemical balance of the skin, reduces symptoms of psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis, softens and moisturises the skin, reduces wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots. Nourishing for the hair and reduces dandruff.